Friday, August 8, 2008

I love the Olympics!

I won't lie, my passion for the Olympics (summer in particular) runs deep. There is just something magical about it. I love watching the opening ceremonies and seeing the looks on the faces of the athletes from so many countries all over the world. Knowing that this is the biggest moment in their lives and despite what turmoil is going on at home they are so happy and full of hope. Seriously, it just about brings me to tears every time. I just find myself wanting to know everything. Every story of every athlete and how they got there.
As soon as the actual games begin, forget it. I'm checked out for the next 16 days.
Never mind that I'm 6'1", I could have been a gymnast!!! I love it all! I watch the swimming competition and sit on the edge of my seat. Really, why didn't I pursue my dreams of Olympic Rowing? Every heartbreak, every underdog, and every triumph.
So if anyone wants to know where to find me for the next 2 weeks, now you now. I'm taking my vacation and watching The Games.

Check out this Nike Commercial...

3 comments:

Levi Lusko said...

seriously,? I never knew this Bout u. Funny. Makes me wish I had cable

jennie said...

but that didn't stop him. i found him watching the replays of the olympics online and he said that you inspired him to have love for the olympics! very very funny, becca :)

Becca Clay said...

Good. But the wierd thing is the Olympics are on network television or NBC.com. Michael Phelps makes me wish I joined the swim team as a youngster!