Saturday, January 19, 2008

6 week update

My new best friend has the physical capabilities similar to that of a banana slug. I'm not certain exactly how he thinks of me at this point or if he does. But that doesn't stop me from having full on conversations with him. Usually in stores. I get concerned stares from people who can't see the stroller and just think I'm asking myself if I'm ready to go home and eat. I should probably put my blue tooth in my ear just to ward off these bewildered glances. Jaxon will be 6 weeks old tomorrow which means I have been home from work for that long, and I have 6 more weeks to go.
Jason is doing great with being a dad. Since day one, he jumped right in with the diaper changing and is usually the one to hear Jaxon and wake up if he wimpers during the night. He is amazed by EVERYTHING Jaxon does and goes on and on about all the things that they are going to do together when he is bigger. Though I don't know how I feel about Jaxon rock climbing at the ripe age of two...
My sister Heidi has been with me since his birth. She sacrificed most of her winter break and now is staying with us while my dad is in Morocco. She has been a great help, and I'm probably driving her nuts asking her to "fetch" everything from my cell phone to an emergency burp cloth any time I'm incapacitated by nursing. She is getting a crash course on parenting, while I get a complimentary nanny.
All in all, being parents agrees with us and we are excited to see what the next 6 weeks of his life will bring.

4 comments:

Levi Lusko said...

I can't believe he is already holding his head up. Lenya and him will be so cute together. I'm glad being a parent is agreeing with you. it could have been dicey if it hadn't.

Levi Lusko said...

i can't say it enough - i love this boy! i can't wait to see him and you guys and to have our kids have some cousin time. and heidi sure is amazing, i got a sweet taste of her super nanny abilities this summer. word.

jennie said...

oh sorry, that last blog was from me, jennie

Anonymous said...

he is so talented
i am really getting the hang of having grandkids now.
it really is not that difficult
much easier
jaxon has no idea what adventures await him