Friday, October 10, 2008

I hate to brag but...

For all of you who don't live in NM I won't go on and on and bore you about all the wonderful things that make the Land of Enchantment superior to other places. Like the fact traffic is all but non existent, the winters are mild, with 360 days of sunshine etc. I lived a few other places, but I always come back to how great the "505" is.
But what really reminds me how much I love New Mexico is the Balloon Fiesta. An epidemic that comes every October.
Last night we took Jaxon to the Special Shapes Balloon Glowdeo.
Basically all the non-typically shaped balloons show up, blow up, but don't take off. Instead they wait til sundown and all Glow in the night. Its something to behold.
Jaxon dug it. His eyes were as big as saucers taking in the giant shapes filled with light. He also loved all the people watching.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

simply wonderful!!!! Judy

Chip Lusko said...

Jaxon is such a little trooper.
His uncle Levi would have hidden from the giant animals.

Emily Genz said...

Great pictures! We went to the balloon glow here and I know, it is nothing like NM, but we all loved it. Isn't it so fun to watch their faces when the balloons light up?! So excited to meet cutie pie Jaxon!