Monday, February 18, 2008

The Perfect Desert

Saturday night was our "Valentine's Day" if we celebrated such thing. Which apparently we don't. Anyhow it was date night for couples at the conference and Jason and I decided to make the most of it. We had reservations at the "Corn Maiden" ( the local fancy shmancy restaurant at the hotel) and got dressed up to the Nines. Anyone who knows me is aware that the only reason I eat dinner is to get to desert. So I was pretty thrilled to see what this Corn Maiden lady had in store for me. We made it through a pricey dinner that contained more meat than anyone person should consume in three sittings, let alone one. And I was on the edge of my seat as the desert cart was wheeled out. Alright I thought, this is it!!!! When to my disappointment the girl proceeded to describe the deserts. A "sugar free" fruit torte, an apple soup with something floating in it, rum cake, a small box of truffles, and creme brule. Normally given these choices I would have opted for the creme brule. But it was just this last Friday that I helped my younger brother out with a creative date idea and made him creme brule to woo a lucky young lady. I knew that I had an extra creme brule waiting for me back home in my fridge. Downtrodden, I waved her away. As a pouted I thought, Why don't they have anything with the mainstays of desert? Carmel, chocolate and nuts? Or at least a freaking cheesecake with a graham cracker crust!! Jason understands my obsession with sugar, but doesn't share it. So he wasn't quite as "crushed" as I was.
As we walked back through the hotel lobby to our room and passed the many fire places that the hotel boasts, a thought dawned on me. I had seen in the sundries shop earlier that day a 'Smores Kit for sale! Of course! 'Smores. The perfect desert! We hustled back to the room and changed clothes and purchased one of said kits. We then spent *most* of the evening cuddling by the fire, sipping coffee and making 'Smores!

2 comments:

Levi Lusko said...

u can't blog about stuff like this, romantic msrraige conferences, smores, fancy restaurants. Your making me look like the worst husband ever!! I took jen to a new soup restaurant and a movie!

Jesse Lusko said...

You look so fashionable and happy with your boots on and your burning ember of diabetic goodness on your stick.