Monday, February 18, 2008

"A Weekend to Remember"



This weekend Jason and I attended a marriage retreat at the Tamaya Resort The arrangements made for Jaxon were tricky, but it worked out. He stayed with us the first night and did some "Grandparent Hopping" the rest of the weekend. We definitely missed him and suffered some baby withdrawals, but it was such a revitalizing time for us. ( I won't say I minded the solid uninterrupted night's sleep either!)
My dad made it possible for us to attend the conference and stay out at the hotel. I'm so thankful for this great experience It allowed us to draw closer together as a couple and deal with the issues that get lost in the day to day grind of life. One of my favorite quotes that made me laugh was "My spouse is not my enemy." Which is something I tend to forget when sleep deprivation, hunger and any other general annoyances set it and I take things out on Jason.
The conference was through Family Life and is something I would recommend to every couple I know to help fix major problems, or just tune up your relationship.

1 comment:

Chip Lusko said...

becca-I'm glad the weekend worked out.
We could have used more time with Jaxon though!