Monday, November 17, 2008

A bad day fishing?

Whats that they say about a bad day fishing? Its better than a good day at work? Well I love my job and all, but that saying pretty much applies to being with Jaxon. He lights your day. Let me share all the lovely things that I encountered today . I keep a wax pot for, well waxing in my bathroom. Its unplugged and not hot while I'm not using it. I USED to store it under my bathroom sink until today. Jason did a great job baby proofing the kitchen, but hasn't quite made it to the bathroom. Jaxon found the wax and was very amused/disturbed when his hands started sticking to each other, his clothes, and his face. There you go Mess #1. Later after that disaster was recovered, I changed his diaper, but must not have fastened one of the sides all the way because it dislodged and his diaper starting making its way off towards the side that was still secured. As we were leaving I noticed he starting getting really warm in my arms. We were both very wet. Mess #2. We quickly went back home to change into dry clean clothes, and then ran to the grocery store to pick up somethings, but I must have left the formula out on the counter and the dogs got to it. I found the can later on the floor empty with formula all over surrounding areas. Mess # 3. Later, as Jaxon and I were sitting at the computer checking email, I was consoling myself with a couple cookies. I didn't pay much attention but he was squirming and wanted down, so I obliged. While I was typing something up, he must have stood on his tiptoes, and snatched a chocolate filled cookie. I looked over moments later and this is what I found.... Mess #4

Needless to say I haven't gotten much laundry done or anything else. But I have enjoyed every messy moment of today.

2 comments:

Chip Lusko said...

that is such a precious picture- a moment of real joy.
were these carob cookies I hope?

jennie said...

oh my gosh becca! it sounds like that book about the boy with terrible no good very bad day. but, man, you handle it gracefully - love you and i'm totally there with you and understand :)